Sunday 28 August 2011

Chick pics

Well frankly after the excitement this morning, not a lot has been done. One more chick has hatched but was trying to get out of its egg all day. I finally helped it out, but it lay looking completely exhausted :-( I've popped it under Mary to warm up and dry off but it's not looking very good. Although if they're not really strong enough to hatch, they're unlikely to thrive so it's usually for the best, so we'll see.

But! Here is little Drew (named by Tristan):





Honestly, too adorable.

Needless to say, the girls were completely enchanted, and Chickwatch won over T4, no mean feat, believe me!



Here is a picture of the finished chicken run for the grown-up hens:


They seem ok with it, although I let them out for an hour this evening whereupon they scuffed up my new border and trotted off up the track to their old haunts:



Hmm.

Other news: Kate and Liam come over this afternoon for tea and I showed Kate how to crochet 'in the round' by making a mouse - although given the proportions I think Kate is a little worried hers is going to be rather a large mouse but we won't use the 'R' word...

I also managed to plan the essay question for my last assignment which, given it was on whether global sea level will rise 0.6m over the next 100 years and what evidence blah blah blah, and in the face of such chick-based distraction, is worth a pat on the back and an evening off watching Countryfile with a spot of crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment