Thursday 17 May 2012

Ducklings

Well it's been a long wait but - at last!


Are they not the most adorable little creatures?? There are 3 more eggs so we'll see if they hatch :-)

We visited Arundel WWT yesterday and there were ducklings there too! Lovely.

Today I took Amber and Rose to the Owl and Sewing Cat to get materials for bunting. They have a very good tutorial on their blog - I know it's really straightforward but sometimes, a bit like needing the recipe for a Victoria sponge, it's reassuring to have someone telling you what to do. And, joy of joys, it was probably the most relaxing and un-stressful sewing session I have ever had with the girls, and we now have 4 metres of Jubilee-friendly bunting with some left over to do more. I even christened my new-to-me ironing board to press the flags which was remarkably pleasant after my 4 year break from the hot flat thing.

John is sitting guarding the entrance to the Dinky Duck House and earlier was sitting inside with his wife and children. It made me feel a bit sorry for Blossom, the single teenage mum with her 5 chicks but she is doing really well and the chicks are getting the hunched vulture look as they've got their wing feathers but are still downy everywhere else.

Ducklings! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment