Saturday 18 January 2014

A Cat and some Owls

I'm feeling a bit like Spring might be on the way. The weather is really mild and new shoots are starting to swell on the branches, and the hazel catkins are bringing a welcome splash of lemon yellow to the hedgerows. I had a fantastic weekend at a fruit tree pruning course with the Brighton Permaculture Trust and have been practising my new-found knowledge on some unsuspecting apple trees! It's a good excuse to think about spring blossom and summer greenery.

On Monday we took charge of a friend's cat who needed a new home as he wasn't getting on with the others at her house, and he has settled in really well. He's a 7 year old called Oscar and is the most affectionate and chilled out cat I've ever met.


Scruff wasn't impressed but Oz has grown up with dogs and has not reacted negatively at all, so calm
was very quickly restored. They've both found room on the bed to share the warmth emanating from my electric blanket of an evening which makes getting in to bed a rather delicate affair as they both give me withering looks if I disturb them.

I've been knitting a dress based on the Kate Davies O w l s design - I've already knitted the jumper and it's such a great pattern I wanted to make a longer version of it. Knitting chum Nicky gave me lots and lots of double Aran yarn from a previous project and I made it in to this!



It's extremely warm which is perfect for my rather draughty, poorly heated cottage and I really enjoyed knitting it. I'm now on to Kate Davies' Hogmanay socks so I will post a pic of those when they're done.

I've not had much time for my art recently, something that I will remedy this weekend when I have some spare time. I wonder how much help the cat will be with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment