Wednesday 7 December 2011

Changes

Rosie did her Brownie Promise last night, which she was thrilled about. She has lots of activities and badges to work towards which will keep her busy. Speaking of keeping busy, I will hopefully be back working at the bee farm next spring as I have been asked to look after the WBCs in the rose garden, and I have a number of projects I'd like to do in the garden with the children.

With the Home Education inspector due imminently, I have been wanting to put together a plan for next year as the children's needs are very diverse now and rarely does one subject or lesson fit them all. T has announced he wants to take GCSEs after all, so it looks like we'll be tackling English, maths, history, the three sciences and possibly Latin over the next 18 months. I have decided to put my studying on hold for now as the children need my focus and at least their level is easier than mine! I also need to devise some sort of agricultural studies curriculum for Amber, although I was speaking to a lady who works at a dairy farm yesterday and Ams might be able to go round and see it all in action which would be good. Luckily Rosie loves workbooks and is still young enough to enjoy the simpler things so hopefully I can concentrate on the older two for a bit while she carries on exploring and having a more holistic approach.

It has been incredibly windy here and the gate to the poultry run keep blowing open, mixing up all the hens. Luckily I got to Henry before he properly er, introduced himself to new Maud and the chicks. I have tried to steer the ducks towards their tub so they can have a proper wash but they hop in and hop out again, not that I blame them. I gave the mallards calls some water in a planter; they were in heaven:


Rose brought the guineas in and even Tristan got involved:





Ahh, they are very sweet and seem to induce a surprising amount of sibling harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment