Thursday 15 December 2011

A December Day Off

We had thought of going to Arundel WWT today but the forecast wasn't great and although we have a voucher for a free book (as we recently joined) it would have been a bit of a rush as Tris was off to his friend Joel's house at 2. We went to Middle Farm and bought Garvo layers mash and duck pellets, half a sack of which I am going to give to Joel's mum in lieu of payment for board and lodgings for T...

After a stop at Harper & Eede to look for a rake, which we didn't buy, and a fleecy-lined shirt for me, which we did, we went to the Green Man for lunch. It does great food and big portions so Tristan went off full and happy, even though he is struggling to get used to the button fly on his new jeans.

On the way back from delivering Tris, we went to Martins Wood Farm and had a look at their chickens as they stock hybrids, not that they've got a lot in stock at the moment.

My yarn from Jamieson & Smith has arrived:


It's very 'wool-y' after the cashmerino I've been working with! - but I want to have a go with knitting something and see how it goes. I've been asked by Amber to crochet her a hamster so I'll start that shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment