Monday 23 January 2012

Craft update

I've been quite busy with various little crafting projects - like the bee stitch knitted jacket for my one-cup cafetiere:



I also knitted a little bee skep with attached felt bees. I had made an egg cosy in the same design but then gave one to a friend who said it was so nice he'd keep it on his desk as an ornament...so...



I might make a couple more to sell on the stall later in the year. I have also been doing some embroidery on my knitting needle case, which I need to finish as my knitting needles are strewn all over the floor. I wanted to do some flowers and foliage but so far I have done a sweet briar rose:


Nicky came over yesterday for a much-needed CCG crafting session, and she showed me needle felting, button-making and other such inspirational stuff. We made some lavender bags with dried lavender from my parent's garden:



The top one is for Rosie as it's made with the fabric she chose, and the bottom one is for my mum as it'll match the quilt I made for them ages ago. I've also been beetling away with my granny squares:


I've got a way to go before it's finished. I'm tempted to do a really big square in the middle and little ones round the edge but I'll see. I've also had an idea about doing a picture of Henry the cockerel in either needle felting or embroidery. He's so colourful and magnificent, I'll keep an eye out for his colours in threads or combed tops!

I've tried to do some home-ed with the children but as we all seem to be a bit out of sorts and getting on each other's nerves I have declared today an inset day! It's always tricky the day after their dad weekend so discretion being the better part of valour, I'll concentrate on some gentle activities to regain some harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment