Thursday 1 September 2011

A Great garden

The children went off to their father this morning as it's their stepmother's birthday, so I had a free day! The weather was glorious and I felt in need of the calm and quiet of a garden so it was off to Great Dixter in Northiam for some inspiration and soul-feeding.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.







By this stage in the year a lot of the plants are going over but the show was still excellent and made me want to come back and start on loads of granny squares for my summer garden blanket!

Mary and the chicks are all well, and when I got back from Dixter I saw an egg in the run. It was the unhatched egg, so Mary has obviously decided that she wants it out. I don't know if there's anything in it and in fact I shall bury it as it seems a shame to put it in the bin or compost and no, I'm not remotely tempted to crack it open! As far as I'm concerned, that egg was a potential chick and I feel rather sorry for it so I will dig a small hole and say goodbye to the little fluffy life that wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment