Monday 26 September 2011

Weekend

It has been the loveliest weather and I have wanted to spend as much time as possible in the garden. I've planted lots of bulbs in pots and fritillaries and daffodils in the bank outside the study. I have a large border full of leggy heather and couch grass so I decided yesterday to start digging it out. The girls were on a hunt for invertebrates and we found huge worms and centipedes and beetle grubs and woodlice galore:


It was really quite hot and I couldn't be bothered to cook so realising it was gone 2 o'clock we downed tools and buckets and went to the Merrie Harriers for lunch.





We couldn't really move after such an enormous lunch so gardening was postponed and I sat in the garden listening to a Yale Uni podcast while I finished Rosie's headband:


I knitted a bit more of another project during Countryfile and then endured X Factor with the children as I was too wedged on the sofa to relocate to somewhere less visually and aurally challenging.

Right, maths this morning: we're doing squares, cubes and powers of ten. That's if I can find the table under all the mess....

No comments:

Post a Comment