Thursday 8 September 2011

Sunshine after the rain

We had rather an upset yesterday as the children's bikes got stolen which flattened me completely but luckily my parents picked up the baton and by this afternoon, after a great deal of effort and prayer and general all-round good stuff, they had procured 3 new-to-them bikes for the children. The kids are really pleased and Dad brought round my bike too that they had got off Freecycle for me and spruced up. So, despite going into a bit of a decline last night, the day picked up immeasurably.

Mine and Tristan's bikes, with Rosie's
in the background
And Amber's bike is turquoise like her last one:


So many thanks to my parents for helping so much and to Stephen at Let's Bike in Eastbourne for bringing Rosie's bike over to us.

Luckily, the weather was cheerier today so a) I dried all the laundry that my non-joined-up brain had decided to put in the washing machine despite knowing the forecast and b) the chickles got a decent time out of the run. They are getting really grown up now:


And little Hazel is still looking pretty striking:


I still don't know if they're boys or girls!

Nicky popped over this evening for a CCG meeting despite feeling pretty rotten with a cold so I really appreciated her making the effort. We discussed winter projects and ended up on a yarn website which we shouldn't really be allowed to do without a responsible adult in attendance but it was most inspiring and we only really looked at the Discounted Yarns page, honest :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment