Monday 12 September 2011

Wind beneath wings

We are currently being buffeted by the tail end of Hurricane Katia - I find it awesome to consider that the gusts that are removing all the leaves off the trees and putting the rubber stamp of Autumn onto the proceedings is only the remnant of the real thing. It also makes me thankful that we have the Atlantic Ocean for hurricanes to track across before we get them!

The chicks were not impressed at the miserable weather:


I did relent and let them out when the sun appeared from behind the rapidly-moving clouds as their continuous cheeping was driving me mad, honestly, hats off to Mary who has far more patience than me!


However she does show flashes of true motherhood:


And then she wanders off:


But then she remembers/can't abide them cheeping any more and comes back:


Ahh!


She's such a good mum.

Speaking of which, I watched the last 15 minutes of Tristan's football match yesterday - and even threw the ball back in when it went out or offside or whatever. I did nearly drop my crochet but at least I was there, being a supportive soccer mom. I was crocheting a flower for my new headband which I finished yesterday. I really like it but Tristan said it showed up my frown lines and Charles said I looked like a headmistress so yey, pleased I asked them :-/ but I have since made a flower so hopefully that will detract from my wrinkles and make me look less scary. I've asked Amber to model it:


Yeah, looks better on her anyway...

I had a chap round from the Council today as apparently I qualify for free loft inslation as I am poor and I have about half an inch of old rockwool in the roof. He said it will make a huge difference and I will apparently be 'complaining that it's too hot...' hmm, well, not sure about that but perhaps it will keep the ice off the inside of the windows.

So that was one interruption to the morning's maths lesson which was all about division, percentages, fractions and prime numbers. Tristan then did a maths workbook and Rosie and I did a few pages of Dinosaur Dig - a maths project book and Amber painted Van Gogh's Cypresses.

I must get on with some revision now as my last assignment has gone in, but I'm hoping that the work I did prior to my anaemia-induced losing my groove will mean it doesn't seem all completely new to me when I go back over the stuff I've already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment