Sunday 18 September 2011

Knitting and Gardening :-)

I am pleased to say that after my rather dismal day on Friday, today was lovely. Saturday evening had been spent with Nicky which was lovely too, as I was able to get on with my Super-Glam Chunky Headband with 10mm needles and Big Wool as Nicky took pity on me and loaned me a ball in orange (my favourite colour). It's quite strange knitting with such big needles - Teletubbies knitting I called it - but it knitted up really fast:


I finished it while watching Birds Britannica and Horizon on iPlayer, and I also finished the grey headband without too many more mistakes and utilised the crochet flower decoration to hide the worst of the botched stitches.

Today Charles and I decided to head over to Hartfield to see the house where he grew up and also visit a nursery there. We had lunch at a nice pub, The Anchor:


And headed on to Perryhill Nursery. It was fab - I've never seen so many different varieties of the old favourites, even a black pansy, which I didn't really want but it was rather incredible:


Needless to say we ended up with a trolley, but not a trolley-load...


I got a lovely sedum called 'Strawberries and Cream':


The bees love it, and I already have one called 'Rhubarb and Custard' so I am sticking with a pudding theme; nothing wrong with that. There was also a lovely Verbascum in pale pink:


And this one which I can't remember what it's called but I love the flowers:


And as they were quite expensive I managed to split them up a bit so they will go further. I also got a yellow Echinacea and an Achillea 'Apple Blossom' too, which is pink through to white, a bit like the sedum. Yum :-)

Few pics of my grown-up chickles:



And an action shot of the bunnies:


Plus I had a cuddle with both John and Jean the ducks, and I put them down again and they went into their house quacking indignantly - "Did you see what she did to me??" "I know!! - that's the second time this week!" "What is the matter with her???"

I don't think they enjoyed it quite as much as I did, but then they are technically teenagers now...

No comments:

Post a Comment