Thursday 20 October 2011

Icy waters

Today was the first time there has been ice, albeit about half a millimetre, on the duck's water bowls. Brr. I'm pleased I have my hat. But the day proceeded to become beautiful and sunny, even though when I left the house to take the girls to my parents, it read 1 degree on the car's temperature reading. I drove on to Hove to meet John for a pre-module meeting although he's not even looked at the books yet and unfortunately we ended up talking about the exam so I've realised that I've missed a few more marks than I thought :-/

After lunch we met up with friends for a walk in the woods and some birthday cake for Laura:


I would take a picture of the pumpkin cake that I baked for her but I'd made up the recipe for the cream cheese frosting and it was a bit runny, consequently the top of the cake slewed over to one side and stuck itself to the side of the Tupperware when we went round a corner in the car. Tasted good though, and I did use my own Red Krim squashes to make the pumpkin puree.

I came back and wanted to make the most of the sunlight so let the assorted animals out and sat on the bench to do some more of Tristan's hat. The garden looked like a veritable poultry playground:


The chicks were hopping around enjoying the multi-level assualt course that is the duck pens:



Then went and sat in the sun:


Mary is still a bit mean to the ducks but Joanna and Llywelyn had a great time rootling around in the grass:



I'll let Johna nd Jean out tomorrow. It's a full time job all this duck- and chicken-wrangling...

No comments:

Post a Comment