Tuesday 4 October 2011

More ducks in a tin tub


The new duckles seem to have settled in well and found some mud to play in:


I wanted to give them a bigger pond to play in and luckily Laura donated her white enamel bath tub to the cause. They weren't quite sure:

Joanna psychs herself up for the big moment...

Plop
She soon got the hang of it:


And then her husband joined her and there was a lot of excited quacking and circling round before they got on with some serious preening:



I'm amazed at the positions they can contort themselves into so that they can reach every last feather. They are very bendy and very loud.

They started ploughing the field behind my house today which is always lovely and autumnal, even though it signals the start of a winter of slopping around in the mud rather than crunching over stubble in sandals.





I know that last one is of a hedge trimmer not a plough - focus on the newly-ploughed field...

I hadn't realised the mains water was being switched off this morning until nothing came out of the tap so instead of Laura and her children coming here for History, we scooted over there. According to my neighbour we'd had a note through the door about it but I'm not very good at that sort of thing. They've just rearranged all our refuse and recycling collection times and what goes in which bin/bucket and it's soooooo confusing! I think I shall leave every receptacle on the drive and let them take what they need. It's a husband's job that sort of thing...I know I haven't got one but the one I had did at least take out the rubbish and I still expect my theoretical if non-existent husband to do it for me.

Anyway here's some footage of the new duckles in their bath:

No comments:

Post a Comment