Saturday 22 October 2011

Late post

I was going to write this yesterday but Tristan's pc has gone to the menders, hence we are one computer facility short...so of course my laptop becomes the Family laptop, grrr. Anyway, I spent yesterday morning in bed as I'd had a bad migraine the previous evening which had knocked me for six, so Laura kindly took the children to Home Ed group for me and I did a few more rounds of Tristan't hat. I should hopefully have a ta-dah moment for that later although I must admit it's not as impressive as my hat, which I love. I hadn't realised the joy in making something purely for myself; it's rare as a mother to not have everything one owns appropriated by needy children (see above reference to laptop) so I am loving my soft, warm and very necessary headgear.

I did potter around the garden taking some seedheads and bring in the tender plants:


And move the wormery to the porch to give it some protection from the elements:


I cleaned out the hens and as I once again have an abundance of mint which is looking a bit manky, I chopped it up and mixed it in with the shavings for their bedding:


The rest of the garden is quietening down now for the winter, although my lupins are still pushing up flower spikes - they have been amazing: 6 whole months of flowering. The winter veg have been enjoying the warm autumn and are quite ahead of themselves:

No comments:

Post a Comment