Sunday 13 November 2011

Another Birthday

Tristan turned 14 today, and this evening returned home and opened his presents from me and my family, having been with his father for the weekend. One of his presents, of course, was his Blitzen hat!


Ahh! He loves it! Well, he didn't actually say that, he sort of smirked and said it was ok, and hasn't taken it off so I'm translating that as him loving it :-)

Charles and I went in to town to purchase a couple of new items for the rabbit hutch - photos to follow when Rosie has seen her suprise. We then had lunch at the Merrie Harriers and sat outside in the sun. Who'd believe it, sitting outside in the warmth in November? I popped over to see Nicky this afternoon and tried on the poncho that she's just finished knitting. It's absolutely amazing! I am a bit mid-project at the moment with all my things, but I am back crocheting and loving it. I have much more of a feel for crochet than knitting and can do it far more quickly and easily. I'm working in rows rather than rounds for this latest item, having practised last night with some mitts when Kate came over. And Nicky gave me some cream wool for me to finish my bauble, so I might get that done tomorrow.

Maud couldn't put any weight on her foot this morning. I checked it for cuts and sprayed it with antiseptic but couldn't see anything obvious. She looked a bit miserable though so I'm hoping it's not an infection :-/ shame the vet doesn't do some sort of discount scheme for frequent clients...

No comments:

Post a Comment