Thursday 10 November 2011

Happier Day

It was rather sad letting the hens out this morning, but I had no time to dwell as we had to hot foot it over to my parents to leave the girls there, while Tris and I went to the dentist. It was fine though (apart from the bill - is there anything more depressing to spend money on?) and on the way home we popped in to a new farm shop and I treated Tristan to a celebratory, sugar-free, tooth-friendly homemade sausage roll. We saw some cute piggies, although T hid his food as he 'didn't want them to smell their relations'...


When we arrived back, mother very kindly cooked us lunch while we all had a haircut; Tracey discovered my fringe under about 3 inches of wispy ends so that was a result.

We took the scenic route to Middle Farm, partly as it was the road through Glynde that made me fall in love with Sussex, and partly because I wanted to find the wind turbine that has just been built on the Downs, rather controversially. It's not difficult to miss:


It is absolutely immense. Personally I am so blown away (ha!) by the construction of it I can't help being awed by its presence, but then it's not in my backyard....


It is really difficult to get any sense of scale, but I nearly fell over backwards trying to take the photo. The children were fascinated. Well, the girls were, T spent his time looking at all the ladybirds that seemed to regard it as a beacon, presumably as the metal had been warmed by the sun.



We made our way to Middle Farm, and purchased a new Maud. We put her in the broody coop to settle in.


The chicks were quite interested:


...which is just as well as they are now coop-mates.

And here is a picture of the ducks in their bath:


Talking of baths, Rosie made bath bombes at Brownies which meant she couldn't wait to get in the tub, so I didn't want to get in the way of that, as it's quite a rare occurrence.



We want to have a go at making some of them for Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment