Saturday 19 November 2011

Quick update

I don't seem to have taken any pictures as it is always too dark outside! But Maud is well, Scruff is on the mend and I am feeling quite inspired by homeschool since out trip to Arundel. Tristan came down the other day and said he wanted to improve his handwriting so in a panic I looked for the lined paper and frantically unearthed his dictation book before the inspiration left him! We did some practise but he is a typical boy with his writing and all spiky and squashed up but after a while he relaxed a bit and not everything looked like a variation on a 'v'...

Charles and I went to the garden centre today and managed to spend over an hour and well, er, a few pounds there. We got raspberry canes and blueberry bushes for the hens' enclosure and some little clematis which were on offer, as well as lots of 50p packets of seeds as they seem to have topped up the bargain bucket. We came to the conclusion that we are as bad as each other and should probably be chaperoned, as a bored child in tow would have curbed us somewhat. Especially on a double points weekend. Anyway the raspberries are now planted and I will pop the blueberry plants in tomorrow. I have some in my borders that my parents got for me from the Isle of Wight but the hens love them and they are so pretty and quite like my acidic soil. I have planted some seeds for next year as I am missing being in the garden, but I noticed my delphinium is pushing up a flower spike! In November!! Unbelievable.

On the crafting front, I am continuing with the granite stitch scarf and re-knitting the slouchy beanie that I had to undo. I made some carrot soap the other day so that is curing on a rack on the table; I am waiting for someone to take a bite out of one of the blocks. I used some tea tree oil too as I made it primarily for the spotty teeenagers, although it looks pretty all flecked with orange.

Tristan has his chums over for a sleepover tonight and has asked if they can take over the lounge, so I am slightly holed up in my room but thanks to iPlayer and my crochet hook it should be a fairly pleasant evening :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment