Monday 14 November 2011

Ups and Downs of Pet Ownership

When Rosie woke up I was able to tell her that the bad news was, I might not get round to crocheting her a guinea pig for Christmas, but the good news was that I had got her two real ones!  They are completely adorable, 8 weeks old and called Milly:


And Molly:


Molly looks like she's had a perm or been crimped; she is really soft but I can see her getting matted if we're not careful, so we got Rose a grooming kit as well. She wants to be a hairdresser when she grows up so what better practise. I can hear her now telling future clients: "Don't worry Mrs Smith - I used to style my guinea pig's fur..."

That was the good bit of the day. Scruff had an unfortunate incident with some barbed wire whilst out on our early morning walk which culminated in a rather traumatic dash to the local vet and a tetanus jab for me. He has been stitched up but his vet phobia has escalated to immense proportions and I am really rather concerned about me ever being able to get him to go back. It wasn't the usual practice I go to so that is something to be thankful for so hopefully he won't baulk at returning to the usual place for his routine vaccinations etc. He is lying next to me looking as sorry for himself as it's possible for a spaniel to look, which is a lot. An awful and horrible experience for both of us.

Moving on: I finished my bauble:


I have also found a really good pattern for a crochet scarf using 'granite stitch' - geology and crochet! Two of my favourite things! Gotta make something in that! :-)

I have also cast on a 'Smarty' hat in Debbie Bliss' Paloma yarn which is a lovely soft baby alpaca/merino blend knitted on 10mm needles so fast and easy. Two more of my favourite things...

No comments:

Post a Comment