Friday 4 November 2011

Unravelling

Nicky came over last night for a CCG meeting which was helpful and inspirational. We decided that the hat I had finished the other day was too big, due to the pattern sizing rather than my dodgy tension, so here is the hat:


I'll knit it again in a smaller size! I started another bauble last night too:


This one will have a snowflake motif on it. We looked at the Gisela Graham knitted bauble online and poured scorn on the uniformity and factory-produced homogeneity, and cherished our own unique creations.

I am going to knit some mitts with my leftover Raven hat, alpaca silk yarn:


but I haven't got very far with them yet! I have also cast on another hat and need to crochet a guinea pig for Rosie's Christmas present so what with that and the other hat, the unravelled hat, the scarf and other scarf along with numerous baubles, I have a busy time ahead. Just as well I have got into the swing of getting up early to study.

It has been really wet weather, so all but the ducks are pretty fed up with slopping around. Joanna has learned how to teeter on the edge of the food dish, illustrating that webbed feet did not evolve to perch on narrow surfaces:


Bless her. They are definitely slightly less thick than the mallard calls who take the top prize in poultry stupidity. I seriously assumed that chickens were the brainless bunch until I had ducks, and white colouring obviously favours a grey cell or two as John and Jean have no idea about anything and have to be shown their ladder every night, as they stand there quacking dimly and looking up at their raised house with a quizzical expression as if to say "how do we get up there then?"

Shinies this morning was fun, and I was very pleased to see Tristan's friend sporting a reindeer hat, with pompom, from Top Man no less. I explained enthusiastically to T how 'on trend' I was but he has perfected his withering look that teenagers can do with such alacrity, so that was his response. And no, he doesn't want a pompom :-(

I had a letter for Julian today addressed to my house which I do find extremely irritating given he has never lived here. And when I rang to check that it was definitely for him (he has not made a payment on our joint debt) they said they could not discuss it with me as I was not the person to whom the letter referred and would have to check with him to verify the change of details.

???????

At least I figured out how to take Rosie's phone off divert so she can now receive calls and texts so I don't get "Night night poppet xxxxx" from my ex-husband appearing on my phone at 10pm.

It's going to rain all weekend apparently and I've got a bit of a day off tomorrow thanks to Stagecoach, my parents and Julian's uncle visiting from South Africa and then a best friend's bonfire party. Tristan likes his great uncle well enough but mainly wanted to go along for the family lunch; he was a bit disappointed when he heard that instead of sitting in jeans eating chicken goujons and fries at a restaurant it was going to be smart clothes and sandwiches at The Grand Hotel....

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you undid the hat!!!!! If I were wearing one, I would take mine off to you!

    Finished my snowman bauble - we have one lovely looking one; one decidedly "dropped on his head at birth" looking one (is that PC?); one vaguely confused looking one; and one evil looking one. Sigh. I'll just have to make sure the lovely one is facing the room when we put him on the tree! Perhaps I'll revert to still life for the next one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm sticking to snowflakes for my bauble!

    ReplyDelete