Saturday 12 November 2011

Hat and hen

Amber has been cossetting the new Maud to settle her in, and luckily Maud doesn't seem to mind the attention. I let her out in the garden for the first time today but she did seem to have a bit of a habit of going up to Henry and staring gormlessly at him through the wire which sends him completely demented. I don't think he has become any keener on redheads unfortunately, but I will keep her separate with the chicks for the foreseeable.



Mary took advantage of the pen being open...it's exactly the same mash as hers but well, always tastes better out of somebody else's bowl.


John, the grey call, is getting quite feisty and spends his time charging at me in the garden and then chewing my wellies:



But it does mean I can pick him up easily and give him a cuddle, while he pulls frantically at my sleeve or fingers.

I finished the hat I'd been knitting for Charles and gave it to him as an early Christmas present. I think he quite liked it and I was pleased with the design as it was an amalgamation of Erssie Major 'Acorns' and one of the bauble patterns so I had to juggle it a bit:


Kate is popping round this evening for dinner and crochet, and earlier today Joss brought round another rabbit hutch...more about that later :-) Oh, and Tristan's computer is finally back so hopefully I might be able to reclaim my laptop and iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment