Sunday 20 November 2011

Sunny Sunday

It was a beautiful autumn morning and I forgot that Tristan and his friends had probably not gone to sleep that early, but Henry the cockerel was in full voice, as were the calls once I let them out.

Joanna watches a plane pass overhead
Maud




Tristan's friends left after the second round of breakfast, one of which was a fry-up and the other was Nigella Lawson's cinnamon buns:

Yum
and after I cleared up all the KFC and crisp wrappers and ketchup-smeared plates I thought Scruff could do with a decent run somewhere without undergrowth for him to disappear in to. The beach was really the only option so I thought the nearest beach with nice memories was Birling Gap, where I went on a Summer School trip a couple of years ago. It was glorious, although we had to go sufficiently far away from the steps for the 'Please Keep Dogs on Leads' sign to become less relevant. I was revelling in the geology, the girls were rock-pooling and Scruff was keeping his stitched ear out of trouble.









2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am really pleased I found your blog! I have just started mine up again after deleting my old one about a year ago.

    Love ya chooks! We have 5, 2 roosters and 3 hens. We live in lincolnshire and I found you through clicking my home school link. we have 2 kids, my 5 year old son Billy goes to school but my 9 year old daughter charlotte was diagnosed with tourettes syndrome last year and the school didnt do anything to make her feel comfortable so we took her out and now home educate her.

    look forward to reading your blog, feel free to pop over to mine!!

    Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Amy! Glad you like the hens, I have a bit of a poultry addiction if I'm honest but they are a lot of fun, most of the time. I will head over to your blog - good luck with the home ed and I hope you have discovered how supportive the alternative education network is.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete